Greene County Voter Precincts
Greene County was divided into the voter precincts
as shown on the maps and in V. Gayle Snedecor's 1855-56 directory.
The Mantua Precinct was added
from Pickens County in 1867 when the precincts to the east of the
Warrior river became Hale county.
Garret's Shop was renamed to Tishabee and a precinct was added for West Greene (between Pleasant
Ridge and Mount Hebron) by the 1870 census. The Greene voter precincts remained
basically the same through the 1930 census.
Snedecor's Greene County Directory
available on Ancestry.com
and can occasionally be found for purchase on
Snedecor's maps are available online at the
University of Alabama's Historical Maps